School of Art, Media & Design Technology
This course aims to provide a solid foundation and platform for students to work and explore creatively and innovatively with the intention of creating visual awareness and artistic expressions.
Students are exposed to drawing skills and techniques, colour studies, photography, printmaking, dimensional studies, art theory, and basic computer graphic skills, paving the way to further studies in the art and design fields such as the diploma programmes in Fine Art, Graphic and Multimedia Design, Digital 3D Animation, Fashion Design Technology, Interior Design, and Architectural Technology, all of which are also offered by the College.
To be a leading creative school in art education, producing regional and international industry leaders.
- To instill graduates with knowledge and skills needed to excel and flourish in the art industry.
- To produce ethically holistic graduates with vision, and critical and creative thinking abilities.
- To lead and enhance the development of the art industry to benefit, support and sustain the evolving domestic and global markets.
Bachelor of Fine Art (Hons)
Bachelor of Fine Art (Hons.) Graphic Communication offshore program USM-EQUATOR is a 4-year full time programme conducted at Equator College, Penang. The candidates must complete 128 units to graduate. Upon graduation, graduates will be awarded Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours (Graphic Communication). Academic modules and quality of the programme conducted at Equator College is the same with the main campus programme. Students for this program are able to access student facilities in both Equator and USM campuses.
Mode of Study
3 to 4 Years
Financial Assistance & Scholarship
PTPTN & EPF
Practical and Theory
- Foundation in Design (Equator College)
- Matriculation / Foundation (ASASI)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- AUSMAT / SAM
- Diploma or equivalent
- Please refer to “List of Entry Qualifications for International Student”; AND
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) A competitive score is 4.0 or higher
Internship / Industry Training
Bachelor in Fine Art (Hons) Graphic Communication
September 2021 (Application open on January onwards)
- Elements and Design Principles
- Theory and Practice of Visual Communication
- Visual Studio Practice 1
- Introduction to Computer Graphic
- History of Art and Design
- Basic Narrative and Image Generation
- Heritage Design
- Visual Studio Practice 2
- Interactive Media
- Graphic Advertising
- Text Literacy and Publishing
- Branding and Corporate Identity
- Packaging Design
- Graphic Illustration
- Specialised Interest Group
- Design Based Writing
- Art Direction
- Industrial Training
- Design Research Methodology
- Professional Design Practice
- Design Project 1
- Design Project 2
- Elective Courses
- Minor Courses
- University Requirement Courses
Note: This information in this website is correct at the time of publishing but may be subject to change.